Sunday, October 26, 2008

I understand Tomlinson's lessons. She has the objectives clearly stated so that even if she had a sub that day anyone could understand what she wanted the students to learn. I really like how she's listed her strategies to teach the unit. I'm familiar with brainstorming and learning centers etc. Tomlinson has made the KUD's very clear. I have to a unit on plants so I've focussed my reading on page 40. I really like how she has this unit broken into sections that I can use and understand.

2 comments:

Teacherheart said...

Good! Will you consider loosely "copying" this unit... just adapting things for your students readiness levels and interests, and putting in activities that you have... taking out some of theirs, etc.?

Teacherheart said...

You sure have been missed!

And, guess what! I got to go to the President's Scholarship Ball on Friday night, and in the video, when they focused on the school of education, there you WERE! My Apryl fix!